A message from the Rundle Mall Management Authority in response to COVID-19.
We understand the community concern about COVID-19 and it is a rapidly changing situation, however Rundle Mall shopping Precinct remains open.
As we navigate through this unprecedented time, our priority remains unchanged and that is to keep our staff, shoppers and visitors in Rundle Mall safe. The Rundle Mall Management Authority is continuing to take advice from the relevant authorities, together with the City of Adelaide, and will continue with the additional health and safety measures in the Mall. We have increased resources dedicated to cleaning high use areas in the Mall and introduced measures to improve efficiency and frequency, ensuring the Mall is an even cleaner and safer environment for traders, shoppers and visitors.
We are constantly monitoring the situation and working closely with retailers, centres and arcades in Rundle Mall to ensure that additional health and safety measures are in place for individual businesses.
Following recent announcements, restrictions will be eased and the following will re-open :
- Hospitality (seated at a table) at restaurants, cafes, wineries, pubs, breweries, bars including outdoor dining
- Food courts are now permitted to have patrons dine-in
- Cinemas, theatres, galleries and museums
- Beauty, nails, tattoo, non-therapeutic massage
- City Library
- Adelaide Visitor Information Centre, however they will not be offering the following services:
- Wheelchair hire
- Pusher/stroller hire
- First Steps orientation walk
A number of cafes and restaurants will continue to offer takeaway &/or home delivery service (please see individual stores for details at this time).
Under the recent guidance, the following restrictions will remain:
- Clubs and bars, except those that have accommodation
- Observing social distancing of 1 person per 2 square metre and 1.5 metres between people applies to all businesses
- Amusement parks and arcades, for example Escape Rooms, Adventure Rooms
- City Guides
- Adelaide Greeters
- Cruise Ship Meet & Greet
We are working hard to update our business directory with amended trading hours and store openings, so you can stay informed, however we also recommend you check individual stores for details.
Rundle Mall will keep you up to date on a regular basis about how we are responding to COVID-19 and any changes through our social channels, emails and website.
The Federal Department of Health is the central source of truth for all COVID-19 matters. Their website contains comprehensive and up to date information about the situation in Australia and across the world, as well as high and moderate risk countries and the associated travel and self-isolation advice Department of Health Coronavirus (COVID-19) Health Alert.