Social Media House Rules
Thank you for being a part of our community. The following house rules have been put in place in effort to ensure a safe, constructive and healthy online space for our community.
Our social media channels exist to provide information about Rundle Mall latest updates and/or news and happenings, including initiatives, promotions or events. As an open and inclusive city, we welcome any form of interaction (discussion, sharing, reacting) on our social media channels. However, we want to ensure a safe, respectful and considerate environment for our community.
By using or accessing any of Rundle Mall’s pages, you agree to comply with Rundle Mall’s social media house rules and relevant social media channel's terms and conditions. Should any interaction violate the guidelines and/or specific social media channel’s terms and conditions, Rundle Mall reserves the right to remove the post/comment for the benefit of the community and the page.
External postings and/or tagging by Rundle Mall’s fans to Rundle Mall’s social media channels do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Rundle Mall, nor does Rundle Mall confirm their accuracy.
The following guidelines are designed to facilitate a quality environment for our online community. Please take a minute to read through them and do keep them in mind whenever you participate.
Rundle Mall reserves the right to delete comments, links, photos and videos deemed inappropriate. Types of inappropriate content include information that is:
- Inflammatory, or abusive;
- defamatory to individuals, businesses or organisations;
- offensive, obscene, vulgar, or that depict violence;
- commercial solicitation or solicitation of donations;
- overtly party political;
- encouraging activities illegal in Australia;
- considered bullying, abusive and harassment;
- transgressing copyright or intellectual property (IP) laws;
- compromising a person’s privacy or personal details e.g. phone number;
- likely to offend others, particularly in reference to an individual’s race, age, gender, sexuality, political leaning, religion or disability;
- promoting anything that may constitute spam, such as commercial interests, solicitations, advertisements or endorsements of any non-governmental agency.
If you don’t adhere to the above, we will moderate and potentially remove your comment. We may choose to take the discussion 'offline' or into a private channel if we believe that the content is personal in nature or is affecting the enjoyment of the page for other visitors.
If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please contact us.
We encourage you to review privacy policies of each social media site for further information and full understanding before interacting with Rundle Mall’s social media channels. Any views expressed by third parties are not necessarily the views of Rundle Mall.
Rundle Mall may record information posted to any of its social media channels for Council purposes. This includes your public social networking account name.