As we navigate through this unprecedented time, our priority remains unchanged, which is to keep our staff, shoppers and visitors in Rundle Mall safe. The Rundle Mall team is currently taking advice from the relevant authorities, together with the City of Adelaide, and has already implemented additional health and safety measures in the Mall. We have increased resources dedicated to cleaning high use areas in the Mall and introduced measures to improve efficiency and frequency, ensuring the Mall is an even cleaner and safer environment for traders, shoppers and visitors.
We are constantly monitoring the situation and working closely with retailers, centres and arcades in Rundle Mall to ensure that additional health and safety measures are in place for individual businesses.
Announcement: 11 August 2021
The South Australian government has announced further easing of restrictions as of midnight 11 August 2021. Under the new guidelines, the following restrictions will come into effect:
- Density for stores and services with standing activities, such as retail stores, remains at 1 per 2sqm (50% capacity).
- Density for venues with seated activities, such as restaurants and cinemas, will increase to 3 per 4sqm (75% capacity).
- No singing or dancing allowed.
- Masks must be worn in public whenever practicable to do so, including on public transport, in personal care and healthcare settings, and inside stores.
- Education institutions will return to business as usual, with social distancing and good hygiene practices strongly encouraged.
- Hairdressers and beauty service practitioners must wear a mask while interacting with customers or administering any services. Clients are not required to wear a mask if necessary for the provision of the service (for example, receiving a facial).
Vehicle Access Update
The Rundle Mall team is focused on providing a safe and functional space within Rundle Mall for both retailers and the general public. As a result of COVID-19, we have been collaborating with our retailers to facilitate long and short-term strategies for queuing and access on the Mall. This has resulted in a review of vehicle access onto Rundle Mall and the permitted access times.
Please see the updated vehicle access times effective from Monday 8 June 2020.